Tuesday 15 July 2014

Enviornment, comps, and skull study

Painted this with frustration in  the beginning, couldn't decide weather shapes in the foreground should be more darker or lighter, stated to run out of steam with it until I went outside and drew some trees to study off of.


Comp studies
Being more flexible with the medium now and applying more thinker paint with the gouache. Kind of find it more flexible because you can paint over it. But need to darken foreground elements to make them more distinct and readable for the viewer.

Skull study
Wanted to do a portrait from imagination with lighting I had in mind for the skull. But started to become sleepy. Took way to long on this, but I wanted to see how far I can push the medium into a realistic render. Some brush stroke mistakes occurred when I started to get sleepy, at that point you know when to stop pulling an all niter when it doesn't become productive anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment